ANBI Status of St. Mary’s Church Rotterdam 2016
1. Name: St. Mary’s Anglican and Episcopal Church Rotterdam
2. Constitutional position: Church in the Archdeaconry of North West Europe/Anglicaanse Kerk in Nederland. www.anglican.nl It is governed by the ecclesiastical law of the Church of England www.cofe.org and constitution and rules of the Diocese in Europe www.europe.anglican.org
4. URL/website address: www.stmarys.nl
5. Email address/telephone number: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0031 (0)6 1678 1614
6. Visiting address with postal code: Pieter de Hoochweg 131, 3024 BG Rotterdam
7. Postal address with postal code: Pieter de Hoochweg 131, 3024 BG Rotterdam
8. Church Officers: one Locum Priest, two Churchwardens, one Lay Reader, one Secretary, one Treasurer, 9 Council members.
9. Salaries policy: The church shall have such stipendiary clergy and other ministers as is agreed between the Bishop and the church council. Their stipends shall be determined in accordance with or on the basis of stipulations made by, on behalf or with the concurrence of the Bishop. Neither stipendiary or salaried staff, nor volunteer officers or councillors, will receive any remuneration or other financial compensation, however named, in respect of their work in governing the church; and such activities shall not be deemed to establish any claim to tax exemption or tax-exempt payments. Exceptional expenses may be compensated financially only to the maximum nominal amount.
10. Policy plan: The national policy plan is to be found at the website of the Archdeaconry www.anglican.nl The Chaplaincy may have paid staff and other workers, and also may compensate volunteer workers for their activities to the maximum allowable annual amount.
11. Objectives: Mission to Seafarers, Havenzicht homeless shelter, Cheryl’s Children’s Home Kenya,Youth Development Project in Sierra Leone, working alongside our patrons the Intercontinental Church Society in worship and mission.
12. Activities Report: In the past year we occupied ourselves with the Annual British Christmas Bazaar, concerts in church, restoration of the church, Our activities also include Choir, Sunday School, Senior citizens. Many of our lay members have worked in partnership with the Mission to Seafarers in caring for the spiritual needs and welfare of seafarers in the Port of Rotterdam.
13. Statement of income and expenses:
-voluntary contributions and interests: € 64.458
-activities: € 2.528
-subsidies: € 4.431
-running costs church: € 74.316
-charity: € 5.772
Church running costs include:
-service and administration costs
-fabric (restoration and maintenance)
-Diocesan and Archdeaconry quotas
14. Statement of intended disbursements in coming year:
-running costs church: € 75.000
-charities: € 1.000
-restoration organ: € 12.000
-restoration bell tower: € 5.000